Started May 6, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marbo uk
Regular MemberPosts: 336
Like?
Nikon 50D by canon 350d user
May 6, 2006

I have a canon 350d but have just got myself a nikon d50 for a bargain price of £376 from jessops.

I bought this d50 for one reason only and thats to do infrared as my canon is not very sensitive to ir light.

Anyway that aside i've had the camera for a couple of hours now and very inpressed. It's raining outside so i cant try it for infrared but i have fired off a few test shots indoors and i'm vert happy with the results.

The camera body itself is just the right size unlike the 350d which i have to use a battery grip with. It doesn't quite feel as solid as my canon.

I have not read any instructions and don't think i will bother as it's a doddle to use.

I like the focusing screen and it seems a bit more responsive than the canon and also has a larger lcd. I also like the lcd display on the top of the camera.
Overall it's very nice to use.
Image quality is also good if a little over saturated but i can play with that.

I think i would have to look at 100% to see differences between the 2 camaras but the extra 2 mp on the canon is handy when cropping.

Anyway i'm very please with this camera for the price of £376 when i remember paying £600 and £700 for fuji 601 and later a fuji 602.
Nikon / Canon i don't care as long as it does the job.
I will post some D50 infrared shots when the sun comes out.

Mark..

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow