Started May 5, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RonAnnArbor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,296Gear list
Like?
Why my S3 went back an hour after I bought it
May 5, 2006

So -- as excited as I was by the camera -- I got mine at Adray here locally today, played with it for an hour, and it went back an hour later. I'm going to stick with my Pro 1.

Reasons:

The AA-batteries! What is this??? Apparently they are more efficient - whatever - give me my one inch rechargable battery, not 4 AA's

The flash does not launch automatically - every time you need it, you need to open it manually.

Delay in flash usability -- when you open the flash, there is a lag in the time (upto a few seconds) for it to be operational.

SO -- in other words - by the time you want that shot of your son shooting that puck into the goal -- a) it'll be over before your camera is ready, and you will get a flash shot of the goalie reacting to the goal rather than your son's goal.

To me, the lag in shutter speed and the flash makes it absolutely a no-go.

On the other hand, all the stores in Ann Arbor here seem to have them in stock today. The LCD screen is slightly larger and crisper than the s2; and the color and finish and wonderful. The feel of the camera in your hands feels good too.

I know you can't have everything - but this wasn't the camera I was expecting.

RonAnnArbor's gear list:RonAnnArbor's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow