Started Apr 27, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
colorcraft
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
S#'s and Norman power packs
Apr 27, 2006

We have a couple of S3's on back order, and I would like you input on something. We use Norman P2000D power packs and have been told by another photographer that we should not run a sync cord directly from the camera to the power packs as this is the "quickest way to fry an S3". Does anyone have any experience with this.

Also we have had bad luck with every Quantum radio slave we have ever owned. They will work fine for around a 100 to 200 shots, and then the fire late (or early I can't tell which) resulting in a black frame. If I turn the units off for a couple of hours they will work again for a while and the start the problem all over again. The receiver is powered by an AC addapter, and the sender is battery powered ( and yes the problem happens even with fresh batteries). We are currently are shooting with 4 Nikon D70's (whic are being demoted to backup) if this has anythig to do with the problem.

Thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow