Started Apr 22, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SNGX1327
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,186
Like?
trying before buying...
Apr 22, 2006

okay, so in a few months i will have enough saved up that i can spend about $600 on a new lens. i have a few lenses in mind. i need a new normal zoom to replace my kit, and a new telephoto zoom to replace my sigma APO.

so i'm going to be deciding between the EF-S 17-85mm, 70-200 f/4L, or an EF 70-300 with IS.

i really want the f/4L, but on the other hand i would really like to have IS in a tele zoom lens and can't afford the f/2.8L IS (size and weight also an issue for that bad boy)

but so far the camera stores i've been to in st. louis don't have any of these lenses. they also have a policy where if they order a lens for you you have to buy it. so in other words i can't have them get two or three teles and let me test them out to see what i like more.

so far i've been to wolf camera and creve ceouer camera, and they don't have anything. in fact, one of the employees at CCC said that he had a 17-85IS on backorder, which is odd considering that i could get one on b&h.com shipped in less than a week.

so what is a guy to do when he wants to try different lenses to see what he wants to spend $600 on and no one has the lenses available!!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow