ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ira4
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Another I love my D200 thread
Apr 21, 2006

Where do I start...

I shot Nikon film gear for many years...FM,FE,FE2,F3,F4,F5 and F100. Loved them all. I made the switch to Canon in 2002-2003 and purchased the EOS 1D and an assortment of L glass while still keeping my Nikkor lenses. Ultimately, I sold my Nikon glass simply because I felt that Canon was just producing a better digital product at the time.

Fast forward to 2006 and I'm bored with my Canon system and decide to shoot with a rangefinder again...Epson R-D1 and three Leica lenses. Fantastic lenses...good camera, but terrible quality control. Returned the R-D1 kept the glass and figured I would wait for the Leica Digital M. Problem is, I can't possibly be without a camera for at least six months...What to do? D200 :-).

I must say that dollar for dollar I believe that the D200 is the best DSLR value on the market today. I purchased the body and a 35mm f2. Compact and light, razor sharp...absolutely no issues with soft files. I do see some "short banding" so yes it still exists on the new bodies, but I don't believe it will be an issue for me. We still use a Canon 1D mkII and three L lenses, but I believe that the files from the D200 are every bit as good as what my partner gets from his 1D. High ISO...we all know the story there...not as clean as the Canon but certainly not objectionable and very useable to ISO 1600.

Now, if Nikon would produce a compact size "D3X" with an accessory grip, I must just pass on that Leica Digital M.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow