Started Apr 20, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jas123
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
April D200 show long banding
Apr 20, 2006

First time post, Sorry I just can't help to bring this up. For those of you who claim you never had any banding on your D200, relax, it will jump out sooner or later.

This is my second D200, the first one went back to dealer after I discover the type one banding, it was not mild, it was very visible even at 50%. Wait for another week received second one last week, set up to the same settings (one on halogen bulbs and another one on GO TRAIN parking lot with some advertising post lightbox), no banding. Thought this one is banding free.

Over the weekend I went to a friend's apartment took some indoor shoot. Came home found every photo with backlit window has various degree of banding, they went into people's hair and window frame. Then I shoot at ordinary incandescent bulbs, found bandings, worse than those I saw on this board. The first D200 doesn't show any banding on ordinary incandescent bulbs and backlit window, you figure.

Read from someone on internet said he owned 6 D200 bodies, all of them had short bandings. This makes me believe there is no D200 could avoid short banding. I might just keep it and wait for Nikon come up a fix later.

Last night while I play with the camera, I set the ISO on 800 and took a snap shoot on my wife doing laundry, I saw some so called type II long banding in the shadow noise, while subtle but I think I can saw it at 100%, then I tried other ISO, worst banding came at ISO 1600. long banding across half of the picture on every shadow. It was regular living room setting, no sharp contrast, there not even a light source in the picture.

I don't have picture with me right now, I can post it later.

My camera Serial#: 5005XXX, the last one is 5004XXX, purchased here in Canada. banding with focus problem and hot pixels, I have to sent it back to Nikon Canada for a fix.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow