Flat view
baladev
Regular MemberPosts: 238
Like?
Problem with my R1, please help to decide
Apr 20, 2006

what to do.

Hi all.

I really love my R1 for the amazing quality pictures it produces. Recently I had my first serious shooting session with it, during which I took many pictures of rocks and sand on the beach I went to. Later, when I was inspecting the pictures on my computer, I noticed that the top left corner in all the pictures is out of focus. I'm certain it's not the DOF problem, because it's consistent and present even on the pictures which were taken with me holding camera flat above the ground - the whole photo would be dead sharp, apart from this one corner, which would be out of focus.

Here I've tried to reproduce the area which is soft, it's colored in dark color:

Alright, I understand that this is the issue of the lenses in my camera not being properly aligned. I'm thinking about calling Sony and getting them to repair the camera. Seems to be easy decision. However, this is my first 'serious' camera and I've never had problem like that with other basic p/s cameras I had before.

So, I want to ask you, experienced photographers here whether it's the right thing to do? Can I realistically expect Sony to fix the lens of my R1? I don't want this to become a time wasting football game when the camera will be sent back and forth without any improvement, or possibly getting even worse.

What should I do?

Thanks

bala

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow