Started Apr 12, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
romy!
Senior MemberPosts: 1,242
Like?
++ Results of Mini-Challenge #105: After dark ++
Apr 12, 2006

I've enjoyed running this challenge but what a difficult job it has been to pick the winners ! There were so many great images to choose from. I decided to look for the pics which for me defined the title "After dark", which had character, and a certain wow factor. Even then it wasn't easy.... but here is the final line-up. Congratulations to everyone for such good images.

Rose
---
http://www.pbase.com/romy_uk

First, the HMs (in no particular order)...

Vlatkovr: A lovely seasonal image with bags of character - you can just smell the mulled wine !

Devdev: Glorious colour and I get the feeling that the temple is shown at its best at night

Ana: Great combination of textures and colour. I kept coming back to this and seeing more detail.

In third place...

Like M Fords: I love the serenity and sense of timelessness in this shot. The aeroplane brings you back to the present..., but I prefer to think it might be a shooting star !

In second place...

jpmalohesr: Night time in the snow always has a certain quality. No-one stirring outside in the cold. This pic makes me wonder about the lives of the people in their warm houses.

And the winner is...!

davyy: I was drawn back to this one several times. Great angle and perspective, it has a real "after dark" quality to it, as if someone or something is hiding in the bushes. Well done !!

Over to you now davyy... looking forward to the next challenge !

Rose

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow