ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vincentlow
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Help: Canon 300D with Sigma 18-125, Sigma 12-24 Problem
Mar 30, 2006

Dear all,

I have a 300D with 3 lens, namely Sigma 12-24mm, Sigma 18-125mm, Canon 50mm F1.8.

I was happy with these lens. However, about 3-4 months ago, when I take outdoor photo using the Sigma lens, the result is always over exposure. Sometimes it is seriously over and cannot see the object in the photo at all.

Then I've try a series of test and find out the problem:

Whenever I use P-mode, AV, TV mode, the 300D automatically calculates the values of aperture and shutter speed. The value is calculated correctly, however, no matter what the aperture size is being calculated, the camera use the lens' larger aperture to take photo. Thus, the result is always over, esp. for outdoor photo.

For example, when I use P-mode, the camera said it will use F11, 1/125s to take the photo. However, the actually result is, it use F3.5, 1/125s to take the photo. Of coz the result is over exposure.

This happends on both of my Sigma lens. However, my canon 50mm F1.8 lens has no such problem.

Now, I can only take photo using AV-mode and set the aperture the the largest. It is too bad!! Especially for my 12-24mm lens. We take wide angle usually want to have a deeper field of depth. That is, usually need smaller aperture when I use my 12-24mm.

The warranty periods of both my camera and lens were expired. What should I do now? Anybody here experiences the same situation before?

I really need help!! Thank you very much!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow