Started Mar 23, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jjin
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
E1 + 14-45 Lens for $999 CAD
Mar 23, 2006

(Lost my password so I had to register a new account here!)

Right now at Henrys Camera retail stores here in Toronto, an E-1 plus the 14-45 kit lens is available for $999 Canadadian (about $860 U.S.). It sounds like a very good deal to me (considering less than a year ago it would cost around $1999 Canadian). Yes I know E-1 is about 3 years old, but it certainly looks like a fine piece of equipment! And I know the much newer E-300, E-500 or E-330 with one or even two kit lens(es) costs about the same.

Your opinions?

Just for the record, I have had and enjoyed an Olympus C-5050 for more than 3 years, but the camera is now having some problems like the moment I change the batteries (4XAA) it will lose all of my default settings (yes I believe a capacitor inside the camera is dead now), or the "micro" switch for the media door cover is failed, too I believe (as to the slightest touch while holding the camera to shoot a pic, the camera would give the warning "Media Door Open" so I had to power down and then power up the camera again before I can take a pic (well, only if what I wanted to take was still available!;-)

Time to move on to a not-too-expensive dSLR!

Thanks,
James

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow