I wonder why so many folks on this forum are IT professionals...

Started Mar 22, 2006 | Discussions thread
Two Truths
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,269
Like?
Re: I wonder why so many folks on this forum are IT professionals...
In reply to inframan, Mar 22, 2006

DPReview itself is better suited to IT professionals (and engineers, mathematicians, and other technically minded people) than other people (e.g. artists, tecahers, etc.)

The bad things about the site include: the reviews are very long and often difficult to read; the search engine is very poor; there is little to no grouping or classification of cameras; highly technical terms are used in abundance; stats and numeric or scientific tests are everywhere.

The good things about the site include: the reviews are very detailed and comprehensive; there are a lot of cameras with at least specs given; cameras are usually tested against suitable alternatives in their review; the glossary and tutorials are pretty good; the stats and tests provide an unbiased perspective in comparing cameras.

All of the good points will appeal to technical / rationally minded people, whereas all of the bad points will dissuade more creative or socially minded people from using the site.

Not that I am suggesting IT professionals are creatively or socially inadequate, obviously.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow