Started Mar 21, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
j-dawg
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
D50 Availability and buying local
Mar 21, 2006

After sitting on the fence through the holidays I finally decided to buy the D50. I figured since the local shops have humored me for the past few months and answered most of my questions, I'd give them my business.

So around 3/1 I placed an order with a local shop for a D50 body only. At the time they had the D50 kit (w/18-55) but I passed to save some $$. They told me the camera should be in by St. Patty's Day. Last Friday I called to get a status and they said they won't be getting the order until the 1st of April. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but I really had my heart set on shooting a local bike race this weekend. So I start to call around and see if anyone has any D50's, kit or no. And no one seems to have them. The 2 local shops are out,with the exception of a D50 kit w/28-80 :-(. Even Best Buy and CC are out. And to add insult to injury, B&H and Canoga are out of stock as well.

So, I'm trying to decide whether I want to go w/B&H and get the kit. The problem is I really don't need the lens and it won't be a local purchase. Or do I wait until after April 1st and miss shooting the bike race plus end up spending almost as much and not get a lens.

The ironic part of this is that I read how people can't find the D200 anywhere. Between my 2 local shops, they have 3 of them (in kit form with the 18-70). Now if I could increase my budget from $600 to $1900 we'd be in business

No real questions here, I just wanted to share my experience. BTW, I'm in Northern Colorado.

j

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow