Started Mar 15, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JAAPHOTO
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
File comparison 5D VS 1Dmark2
Mar 15, 2006

I have been shooting a 5D for several months and last weekend I was able to shoot with a 1DM2 and I shot several subjects with both cameras and a 500mm F4 IS Canon lens and printed the results of each at 11 X 17. I saw no real difference in the file quality. Blown up on my monitor at 100% I saw no difference in the quality of the files. I did see greater resolution on the 5D files and the 1D files looked a little sharper, but that could have been slight movement in the subject. I saw no difference in the autoforcus of both cameras, which surprised me. Of course the 1D was much faster. Coming slowly to my point. The 5D is a very good camera but way over priced and with the new D200 the value of my 5D has plumited and as a professional photographerr I can't afford being gouged like that. This may cause me to move away from Canon. I definately feel screwed especially since I saw a 5D sell for a little over $2000 last night on Ebay.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow