ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kikoba
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Ricoh GRD...anything else like it?
Mar 15, 2006

To all:

I've been looking for a great, compact digital camera that is ideally suited to street photography, landscapes, and some macro work. Something that I can carry around with me all the time, with excellent image quality and a professional build/design. I came across the Ricoh GRD on this site, which led me to further internet research. It seems like I have found the ideal match for my needs. I did have a question, however, beyond opinions on other cameras that people have had experience with that meet the criteria of applications mentioned above:

Are there any other wide-ish angled, high-quality lensed, fixed focal length, compact digital cameras out there? Anything in the same genre as the Ricoh? Not that I'm not ready, willing, and able to go with the Ricoh...but it is always nice to compare the competition. I have had no luck finding a camera that fits into the Ricoh GRD niche...but that could just be my inadequacy as an internet searcher. If any of you know of one, I would love to hear about it.

Also, as I said, I would very much appreciate hearing others' experiences and recommendations on a compact digicam that is ideally suited for street photography/landscapes/macro that can serve as a serious compliment to a DSLR.

Thanks, as always, for your time and help.

Regards,

Trip

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow