Started Mar 5, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sclamb
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,127
Like?
A couple of hours at Whipsnade...
Mar 5, 2006

Went to Whipsnade today. For those that don't know of it, it is a wildlife conservation park in the UK, and has successfully nurtured some near-extinct breeds back to some strength.

The animals have 800 acres to roam around in, and even the more dangerous ones (lions, tigers etc.) have massive areas to themselves albeit with a fence around the periphery. Whilst I do not agree with animals in cages in zoos Whipsnade does a great deal of good work, for the benefit of wildlife, and it is more like a safari than anything else.

Asnyway, took the D2X and 70-200mm VR. Some pics follow in the next post, but I must say here, the prints that I have done from many of the images I took are the best I have ever seen for clarity and detail.

One nitpick, those snesor areas on the D2X are TOO big, and sometimes it decides to focus where it feels there is better contrast, even though I want to focus on a different area that still has contrast. It's only when you get to the computer that you can see the effect.

Any critiques of the pics in the next post welcomed.

Simon

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow