Started Mar 5, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sugar
Senior MemberPosts: 2,136
Like?
PMA roundup ... APS and APS lenses
Mar 5, 2006

The most important message of PMA is to me the confirmation that APS is here to stay.

With the release of the EF 17-55 mm 1/2.8 IS, Canon confirms that FF is to expensive for expert and entry-DSLR. The price reduction of the 5D gives the impression that there is no big marlet for this product (I'm part of it). Furthermore there was the Nikon announcement 'No Full Frame digital camera' ...

Most interesting are the lens announcements, with a lot of very nice APS lenses ; both from Tamron (17-50), Tokina (16-50/2.8+ 50-135/2.8 + 10-17 FE), Sigma (17-70 2.8-4.0) and Canon (17-55/2.8 IS). Conclusion : within a year, every APS-DSLR owner can buy himself a great and fast WA zoom, a privilege up to now reserved for Nikon and Pentax users.

Kudos to Tokina for the release of a 50-135/2.8, yielding a 70-200/2.8 like lens on an APS camera. I wonder why it took so many years before someone released such a lens.

sugar

-- hide signature --

I can crop at the long end myself if I want to
There's no substitute for mm²

some humble pictures : http://www.flickr.com/photos/67259727@N00/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow