Winners of Mini #101- Singin' the Blues ...

Started Mar 3, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SharonL
Senior MemberPosts: 2,658
Like?
Winners of Mini #101- Singin' the Blues ...
Mar 3, 2006

First of all, I have to congratulate all of you for posting so many wonderful images in this challenge. It was a joy to open each post and see what delightful shots were there. I would also like to thank everyone who took the time to comment on other people’s images. I didn’t always have time in the past week to keep up with the commenting but I was very happy to see that new people were promptly welcomed and nearly every shot got some sort of comment. This really is a very companionable community of smart, talented and friendly people.

I have to say that you didn’t make choosing a winner easy, there were so many fine images that it has taken me over three hours to decide. I made a little miniature gallery so that I could look at my second cut more easily. I am sorry I ran out of time to do a gallery for everyone’s images as I wanted to do early in the challenge but here is the link to the gallery that I did manage: http://www.pbase.com/elips/blues . The images will stay there for a couple of weeks and then I will delete them.

In this challenge I was looking for shots that said “Wow, blue!” and I got them! Without further ado here are the winners. First, the honorable mentions in no particular order:
How could I resist this totally unique shot?!
Blue Bowls by Patricia S. Jones

I thought this was a wonderful blue abstract.
Washing Basket Blues by nic42

For best literal interpretation of the theme.
Singin' the Blues Literally by Max@Homes

I just found this image and its composition very appealing, and blue!
Two Jellies by omni

My favorite blue landscape.
Blue Sunrise by Bill Palumbo

And now for the winners ….

Third Place goes to Frosty Morn by CJ in CA for a shot that was all about blue and texture.

Second Place goes to Access by Tiga for an excellent image that is truly moving.

and First Place goes to Deja Blue by Vonniedee.

This image spoke blue to me in a way that no other did. It is gracefully beautiful, its technical quality is excellent and the composition is just right.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this challenge and congratulations to the winners, especially to Yvonne for such a fine photograph! It’s all yours, Yvonne, we are looking forward to the challenge you will set for us next! Sharon

Link to the challenge thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1010&message=17338982
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please visit my galleries at http://www.pbase.com/elips/root
Comments are always welcome!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow