"superfine", which makes me wonder if there might have been a
slight breeze ruffling the pine needles, and you just caught the
"fine" shot at a better moment. The ISO 50 look better than the
ISO 100 in your samples. I take photos similar to yours, and
haven't invested in post-processing software (or expertise) so I
thin I will stick with what I've been doing, "fine" and the lowest
ISO I can get away with.

Thank you very much for your observation and input -

As I recalled there was absolutely NO breeze - at least on the ground where I was - that's why I chose that day - the "target" tree is just outside my home, so it's very easy to pick when to shoot.

The shots were handheld - but the shutter speeds were 1/320sec for all the ISO50 shots (ISO100 @ 1/640sec) - so although strictly there is a possibility of camera movement, it is pretty minimized too.

Now the argument can go there is the possibilty of breeze at the tree and/or camera shake - so camera should be tripod mounted and the target absolutely stationary like a test chart - I do not disagree if I were conducting a "lab" like experiment -

However I was trying to see (even if only for myself) if I could really see any (worthwhile) differences when taking typical photos using my typical technique - that's normally handheld and using Fine JPG and like you the lowest ISO that's appropriate for the situation.

BTW - I have taken tripod mounted shots of resolution test targets too - but this is NOT what I typically take pictures of - there's another post in this thread where I show ISO50 SuperFine vs. ISO100 Fine of resolution test chart & tripod mounted....

Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow