Started Feb 16, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rick Ashford
Senior MemberPosts: 1,008
Like?
WOW! Banding fixed... Take a look!
Feb 16, 2006

I sent my D200 to Melville, NY last Tuesday, after posting some pics here and getting overwhelming advice that I had pretty bad Type I and II banding. It came back today, by overnite delivery -- just 8 days later! Below are 4 pics -- the first 2 are BEFORE shots. No. 1 is the original "lamp" shot I showed here about 10 days ago. But I PP'd it in photoshop to produce the 2nd picture, which is sharpened and brightened to really show the banding.

The next two shots are AFTER getting the camera back tonight. The shooting conditions are IDENTICAL -- same scene, same lighting, same shutter speed, aperture, and ISO (200). The banding is completely gone, except for the very slightest vestiges of Type I banding just along the top edge of the lampshade. It is practically imperceptible, and if I hadn't brightened the shot and blown it up to 200%, it would not be noticeable at all! I think these results are GREAT! THANK YOU NIKON!

I'm thrilled! I guess you know what I'll be doing this weekend!

BEFORE #1:

BEFORE #2:

AFTER #1:

AFTER #2:

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow