ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tomes
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Fast Focusing Lens for KM?
Feb 15, 2006

Hi,

My friend borrowed my new 5D, with the kit lense, a Tokina 28-70 F2.8 as well as the 50 F1.7. He likes the equipment a lot, not surprisingly mentioning AS as extremely valuable, as well as really liking the colors. He has a Nikon D70 btw.

However, he commented that he thought focusing was a bit slow. He thought the Tokina was especially slow, and the kit lense not that much better. When he said that, I started playing with it, and yes, it is kind of slow compared to his D70 (with a 28-75 lense or someting like that). Indoors, with the various lenses, it can take up to 1 second to stop hunting. I guess I never thought much of it, seems it is better than my previous, horrendous Canon Pro90IS, which can take 3-5 seconds to lock focus sometimes, in low light...

Anyway, is there any lenses, 500 USD or less that are significantly faster? Mostly interested in the 28-70 range, as this is the range I use indoors, mostly. Of course low f number would be a good thing too... Otherwise some fixed lenses in the same area would be intereting.

Thanks!

-Tom

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow