ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AuroraBorealis
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
LX1 buying advice
Feb 14, 2006

Hi all

I have been researching and trying to decide whether to buy the LX1 for several months now and i simply can't make up my mind. My issue is I have an old film point and shoot which I've never been happy with, and i have an film-SLR which i like, but it is to big and to be honest I don't get enough use out of the features of having an SLR, yet i don't want to give them up. So the LX1 has seemed like the best solution.

However all the talk of not being able to use it at ISO 400 concerns me. I do deffinitly take pictures at night, sometimes with friends, and sometimes street scenes while travelling. I don't think I would mind playing the picture on my computer to clean it up afterwards, but I wanted to know - exactly how well does it 'clean up' and how long does the process of cleaning it up take?

Finally my other options at this point are maybe the Casio EX p505, though i'm not sure about the 5 megapixel of this, and althernatively I suppose I would have to hit the drawing board again between 1. Canon PowerShot A620 2. Casio Exilim EX-P700 4. Casio Exilim EX-Z750 5. Fujifilm FinePix E900 or 6. Zoom Nikon Coolpix L1

Mind you on the front page of this site there is an annoucement about Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 - now that looks cool, (I would love a small camera with that zoon) I wonder if it would have the same problems or any others, and when it will actually become available and for how much?

Thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow