Started Feb 7, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
black pearl
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
D200 Bad Press
Feb 7, 2006

I have just read two reviews from major UK magazines that have slated the D200 in their text, but given it a high score.

Both have put it up against the Canon 5D and said things like " Its not full frame {yes it is if you are using DX lenses, its just not 35mm sized, which is irrelevent} so its not as good". " Its too complicated and not really the sort of camera you should look at if you are in the market for a prosumer digital". In fact one of the reviews said " There were too many metering options and focusing modes and the images came out flat unlike the Canon, so it gave a poor result".

What has Nikon done wrong to get this sort of press?

Why do you need a 35mm sized sensor if you make lenses that are designed to work with a smaller sized sensor?

Who is going to go into the digital market for the first time and say "Ooo, should I buy a £400 Casio Pro god knows what, or a £1300 Nikon D200"?

A Pro/Semi Pro camera that gives the photographer as many opions as possible, has to be a good thing.

Flat looking files, that need work in the likes of PhotoShop, are the best sort of files. It means they have the greatest dynamic range and hence have not been mucked about with in camera.

I hate to say this, but one of the magazines was AP.
If some one from the mag reads this and has the guts to reply, I'm all ears.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow