Started Feb 2, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JonathanCalvert
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
New TCON300S but Dead 7Hi...
Feb 2, 2006

Okay, the TCON300s is actually secondhand - £150 from London Camera Exchange in Bristol England - looks like new though, so I was really pleased (still in the box and everything).

Imagine my dismay when I got the 7Hi out to try it, only to find a blank CCD display!

I've read the reports etc. Tried a full reset, left the batteries out etc. but no luck. Everything else works - autofocus/DMF/all indications of a live and working camera, review old images on the display and EVF from the microdrive fine, but no live display.

So, the camera will be off to Minolta tomorrow to see what can be done. Some people seem to have been offered an A2 as a replacement (the 7Hi parts may not be available) - has anyone had any other offers from Minolta since they said they were withdrawing from digital camera sales? Anyone been offered a 7D/5D as an alternative?

Not sure if I would go DSLR though - the lens prices are pretty steep and I just got the TCON300 so I'd be reluctant to change now!

Regards
Jon

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow