I'm an idiot - Tamron 90 Di hits the floor!

Started Jan 31, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay Cutler
Regular MemberPosts: 145
Like?
I'm an idiot - Tamron 90 Di hits the floor!
Jan 31, 2006

Need some advice from anyone who has had experience with Tamron service, and what it might cost me to have my brand new 90 Di repaired. I was changing lenses, and placed the Tamron on my desk after dis-mounting it, and accidentally bumped it with my elbow...CRASH, BOOM, BANG...it hits the carpet. Functionally the lens seems fine...I've tested it at all apertures and focus points (both AF and manual)...and it's perfoming as usual. Unfortunately, the focus position window cracked quite badly, and while it's not completely destroyed, I'm afraid it will get worse with time, and possibly allow for dust to enter the lens, and it just plain looks bad. Since this was my fault entirely, I'm sure Tamron will want to charge me for the repair (and it would probably be a good idea to have it checked for proper calibration as well).

Any ideas what this might cost me, or if Tamron will have mercy on me?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give...I'm going to go bash my head into a wall now.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow