Started Jan 19, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Berg
Contributing MemberPosts: 795
Like?
KM sells to Sony - but don't worry
Jan 19, 2006

If any of you truly die-hard KM supporters are feeling distressed about the whole KM/Sony situation, try to think of the positive things.

Sony makes some fantastic cameras today, including the long-reach H1 which has the only contrast curve and color tonality I think is superior to the A2/A200.

Or try the R1, which for all practical purposes is a 10 mpix camera with all the benefits of a dSLR and no real drawbacks. Sony did that, and one has to admire the innovation and creativity behind such a camera.

You can expect Sony to pick up KM's antishake technology and use that in a new dSLR over the summer. KM may no longer own the technology, but it will still be put to use.

I think the point that needs to be made is that the KM technology will live on, and I could think of a lot worse things to happen to it than a company like Sony owning it. Better to have the technology in the hands of a company with an ambitious digital vision than a company with no money and no clear strategy.

Anyway. Keep the faith .. it's not the end of the world

Michael

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow