Started Jan 19, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matsu
Contributing MemberPosts: 812Gear list
Like?
Sony in, Minolta out, no worries, good for everyone
Jan 19, 2006

I think the only real good read that we can put on this is that Sony brings a whole new dimension to the DSLR development cycle.

I don't see any consumer not benefitting from this. For one thing, they will have greater incentive to develop the APS size sensor, and bring it to further cameras, even fixed lens units. K-M users get a new label on their wares, but likely far deeper product support.

And the other camera makers likely get a concurrent stream of sensor developments, much as they did in the years when Sony'ssmaller sensors were used across multiple competeing brands.

While not all image parameters improved in each generation during that period, no one can really argue that todays P&S cameras are not substantially better than those of just three years ago, and that many print expectionally well up to 8X10, even the noisier ones.

I look forward to rapidly moving goal posts, although my wallet does not...

Matsu's gear list:Matsu's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow