Started Jan 17, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Banj
Contributing MemberPosts: 589Gear list
Like?
E-500 Exif data question.
Jan 17, 2006

I have returned my E-500 to the repair facility in Sydney to have it assesed for what I consider to be an obvious under exposure problem with what seems to be consistent 1.5 to 2 stop under exposure for the majority of my shots. (in fully auto mode, both with and without flash) I don't have an account with a photo sharing site so can not at this stage post any examples however I have enough experience with photography to recognise the problem.

My question is when a photo is opened in the Olympus Viewer software and the Exif data examined should what I see on the LCD screen prior to the shot be reflected exactly in the Exif data, ie shooting mode: auto for shots taken in auto. As a test I have reset the camera to factory settings and input nothing in the way of adjustments for saturation etc but the exif data shows saturation +1 for example, and shooting mode as program for shots taken in auto mode. Is this what I should expect?

I'm asking as repair facility at Olympus in Sydney claims that there is no fault with the camera.

If I know there is something wrong and they claim otherwise, what can I do?

Thanks in advance

Banj's gear list:Banj's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow