Started Jan 12, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WFulton
Senior MemberPosts: 2,596
Like?
Slave flash trigger with D70?
Jan 12, 2006

I am considering the $40 Morris digital DS-1 slave flash trigger with the D70. I assume it should work, but my issue is that I suspect (guessing) it cannot then automatically work with FV Lock (without a lot of manual fussing at every FV Lock switch). I dont know whether it times outwaiting for the preflash, or maybe counts the preflash pulses, but I'm guessing it needs to always see the preflash if in that mode.

I am using two SB-800 remotes with the D70S, which is simply fantastic, like magic. Never any problem with the angle from camera internal commander to the remotes, even when they are behind the camera (indoors).

But I thought I could use my old SB-24 flash in its auto mode for backgrounds with such a trigger, however I'd like to sometimes use FV Lock (to prevent the subject from blinking at preflash).

Are there any other generic ideas? Other than the expense of adding another SB-800 or SB-600, can anyone recommend anything better than the Morris DS-1 ?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow