Started Jan 9, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jahern
Contributing MemberPosts: 953
Like?
Adobe Lightroom
Jan 9, 2006

So what do you think of the new Adobe Lightroom, bit hard as the Beta is only available for Apple (can only think Adobe put all effort behind the Apple version once Aperature came out!).

The one thing I wish they had done is have the non destructive editing done using a from of layers. Currently I use layers to remove dust spots, curves, saturation, and sharpening (using PhotoKit sharpening plug in). That way I can go back a make minor changes to each edit, or remove.

I mean you could had a white balance layer, then layers for black/white point setting, layer for clone brush, layer for applying different filters (sharpening, blur, etc) with layer masks available.

Reading Michael Reichmann's review on http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/software/lightroom1.shtml I can't see how you could do something like a portiat with all the sking re-touchgin, eye/teeth whitening etc, without going into Photoshop.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow