if you were Canon, what would you improve in the 350D?

Started Jan 9, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tko
tko
Forum ProPosts: 10,169
Like?
if you were Canon, what would you improve in the 350D?
Jan 9, 2006

Not another "when is the next 350XT going to come out," not quite a "what features would you change question," but more like "if you were Canon, what would you have your design engineerings coming up with?" question.

To me, the 350D is pretty nice. Sure, I'd like a dedicated ISO button, some firmware features, easier access to the fllash compensation, little stuff like that, but those don't deserve a whole new camera, could be done right now.

I mean, higher MP is one possiblity, but that might increase the noise/lower the ISO, something a lot of us love the way it is. Dramatically higher ISO seems unlikely from a theorectical point of view. Camera is already pretty fast (but can always be faster). Start adding too many improvements and you come up on the 20D really fast. Maybe built in IS : )? I don't think we see a R1 type sensor/EVF in the next model.

So, if you were Canon marketing/engineering, what would you do? Stick with little incremental improvements?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow