When and how do you make the leap from....

Started Jan 5, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dchip
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,136
Like?
When and how do you make the leap from....
Jan 5, 2006

"film" photographer to "digital". I am realizing that there really is a difference in thinking. Been thinking about starting this thread for a while but today seemed like the time.

Bottles has commented on a photo of mine in the STF Challenge. He took the original and added more sky and clouds. Amazing!!! It would have never occurred to me to do something like that or even that you could. I love how his image looks!!!!

I am still composing my images in the camera and trying to get the exposure correct and the image pleasing. In this particular photo, I cut out much of the sky so the tree color would be correct.

So, do you shoot differently with digital than with film? Do you just take a photo and think I will fix it later, or add this or that? I have nothing against PP except it is a totally new concept for me.

I have had PSE 1 and 2 and used it to import photos, crop a little and adjust levels. I now have PSE3 and thanks to Mike, MFC and Bottles I have actually been attempting to learn what to do with it ;-))

I am really interested in how you think when you are composing a photo.

Thanks, Denise

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow