Started Jan 2, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Thomas Kachadurian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,008Gear list
Like?
5D and Brightscreen - Perfect
Jan 2, 2006

I have been using the new Brightscreen in my 5D for about two weeks, but I didn't get it's full value until last night.

I shot a wedding which didn't start until 7:00 p.m. I started shooting after dark, and I hate to use all flash. In the church and at the reception I was shooting at 1/15 -- f1.4 and 1.8 at ISO between 800 and 1600. I was literally focusing and shooting in candle light. The fact that I was not only able to do this, but do it well is a testament to the 5D, but that's for another thread.

The point here is that the bright screen allowed me to really see the details in a nearly dark room. I was able to focus quickly and with confidence every time. It even seemed like the AF was faster with the Brightscreen, although the Brightscreen people say it makes no difference in AF.

In addition, it was like using the cameras I cut my teeth on, like the Nikon FE-2, but that would only matter to us oldtimers.

The brightscreen is pricey. At nearly $200 each you think twice about getting one, but since I plan to keep the 5D for a good long while, it's really worth it. I have two bodies and only had the Brightscreen in one. There was a clear difference in low light. I'll be ordering another.

Tom
--
http://www.kachadurian.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow