High ISO concerns

Started Dec 28, 2005 | Discussions thread
MrX
MrX
Contributing MemberPosts: 847
Like?
Re: Check this out...
In reply to Steve613, Dec 30, 2005

the beard is smudged and his face is made of rubber. the glasses frames are sharp, which is contrast to the skin. i've posted many times that i feel people far overprocess images. if you try printing the original and the processed image, you'll often find the printed, especially a lab print will remove enough noise by itself.

i bought neat image when i got my D60, but after a few prints i realised i simply didn't need it. i have the following printed @ 10x15", it was ISO1000 underexposed my 2 stops then corrected in breeze browser. so ISO4000

the next is from my 20D, ISO1600. it's full of noise, especially 100%. but who prints that large anyway ...(?)

i can see it's a little easier with black and white. but this doesn't mean colour images have to be processed to the extent where detail is lost. i wisyh i had a 5D as this is slightly better per pixel than my 20D. with the extra resolution, it's unlikely i'd need ever noise reduction in Photoshop/C1

-- hide signature --

AdrianX - BSc. MSc.
http://www.AdrianJudd.co.uk

[i'm hoping i've linked in the correct photos, i can't see them from this pc....]

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow