Started Dec 16, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Laurie Caddell
Regular MemberPosts: 116
Like?
D200 first test
Dec 16, 2005

I have just taken delivery of D200 from Park Cameras – selling at list but with a few extras thrown in. Why would they discount for a pre-order anyway? They have been brill, as ever.

Well, have handled the cam already at Nikon Expo and just compared it to my D70. Fair bit heavier and more pro feeling and much more substantial all round. Lovely. Was worried when couldn't focus 85mm 1.8 manually when straight out of the box. But putting battery in cured that.... Sorry to be dense. Why would that be?

First few shots have not disappointed. I am NOT a high ISO person and only move away from the lowest when desperate. I don't have to shoot indoor sports so I'm lucky.

Shots are cracking but DO need a fair amount of USM to get rid of what I imagine is AA filter 'haze'. I am using between 3–400 at 0.3 pixels.

I don't have PBase or anything to post samples, but would happily send on some examples if someone can post for me. Shots around the house are what I can do at the moment.

If any of you would like to help and see some pix, let me know, but I'm not gonna move it from 100!

Laurie

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow