Started Dec 14, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JNET
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
I need help
Dec 14, 2005

Can someone tell me how I could use up to 3 flashes (Canon 550ex, 420ex and Metz 44 with ST-E2 transmitter) to light for portraits? I have a Lumiquest 80-20 diffuser, and a stofen omnibounce on the 420ex. I have experimented using the 550 off to the side taped to the tripod bouncing off the white ceiling with a reflector on the right side. Results were not great. I made a mistake though and used aperture priority which I never do instead of manual. Some were blurry because of lack of light. I think part of the problem was the models were too close to the background for one thing, and maybe the flash was too close next to them which blew out the background, but they were still too dark.

I have researched a lot, but have not come up with a plan. At this time of year I cannot afford to buy any lighting equipment and I mostly deal with available light or outdoor portraits anyway. My brain is just not computing all the details of ratios and ETTL and all the rest of it. I need a simple strategy. Can anyone help?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow