Started Dec 5, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrDithers
Regular MemberPosts: 270
Like?
Monitor Calibration: Spyder2 vs Monaco Optix
Dec 5, 2005

Hi, I couldn't find this information so I'm asking it right up front. If this has been covered succinctly somewhere else, sorry for flogging a dead horse and could you post the link? I'm posting this in the 20D forum, PC Tools forum, and the Printers forum.

I just wan't to be able to match my colors between what my monitor sees and what my printer prints. I am not a professional, just starting out. I will be using Adobe Photoshop CS2 & Elements, and Paint Shop Pro X as well. I have a 20D and an Epson R320 printer. I will probably purchase a dedicated film scanner and a pigment based (or anything with archival longevity printing quality) 13x19 capable printer in the future (if I decide it would be better for me than taking my blowups/keepers in for lab printing). I want to get what I see on CRT, LCD, and potentially a laptop display.

Which would be the better monitor calibration tool: the Monaco Optix XR whatever or any incarnation of the Spyder2? I'm a poor college student and this is not my major, I just want to get great quality prints. I would like to keep it under $200, but if I need to spend a little more to get the quality I want, then so be it. I'll save the extra cash. It's also got to be easy to learn because I'm just starting into this hobby. Thanx in advance for all of your brilliant advice.

Justin

-- hide signature --

'I know you believe you understood what you think I said but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.' -Anonymous

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow