ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mezzo2
Regular MemberPosts: 324
Like?
Digital Cameras
Nov 29, 2005

Hello Everyone,

It strikes me that digital compact zoom cameras of any pretence are both extremely simple and extremely complicated.

A newcomer to digital photography r i.e. coming from film useage must wonder what has hit him or her. On the one hand the utter simplicity and no longer the need to mess about changing lenses is matched by the more venturesome meeting a complexity not before experienced with instruction books for film S.L.R's say.

Clearly there is a big learning curve in respect of cameras like the Kodak P series and the Canon, Nikon and Sony equivalents. To each his own. It strikes me that these manufacturers have given us everything without realising that much education, more than the skimpy instruction manuals give, is required. In inexperienced hands all the features on these cameras are more a minefield, if not used properly - with the awareness of just what settings are needed for a particular picture or circumstance.

Just a few thoughts on the problem of what expectancy we put on new purchases.

Regards,

-- hide signature --

mezzo

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow