What you need to know about FL-36/50 flash setup.

Started Nov 28, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
E B
E B
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,028
Like?
What you need to know about FL-36/50 flash setup.
Nov 28, 2005

Over a period of time I've experimented extensively with the E system and its flash capabilities and put together suggested flash setups for various situations. Some have seen my suggested flash setups in the past and have successfully used them. Some others may be new to the E system and these will give you a good start setting up and using the FL-36 or FL-50 with your E system cameras. The settings I suggest should be applicable to both flash units and all E system cameras though the camera manual references I give are all for the E-1. Use of my recommended flash setups are intended to be implemented exactly as I suggest and I do not recommend changing camera exposure modes or metering modes.

My suggested flash setups fall into four categories, each explained in a separate post following this one:

1. Indoor flash at night or with no sunlight illuminated windows in the scene.
2. Outdoor fill-in flash during daylight.
3. Indoor flash during the day with daylight illuminated windows in the scene.

4. Manual flash setup for folks that think that manual flash is easier or somehow better than automated flash.

I hope that everyone finds at least a little useful in the following four posts.

-- hide signature --

Good Shooting,
English Bob

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PSNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow