Pixel Remapping and EasyShare software - Suggestion.

Started Nov 19, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phil Loughran
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,407
Like?
Pixel Remapping and EasyShare software - Suggestion.
Nov 19, 2005

After finding a duff pixel on several images of my new z740 I was pondering...I know ...disgusting habit!!

I have gone on about Pixel remapping in Olympus cameras on this forum and how well it works, and having remapped some nikons too and ranting about why its not in Kodak cameras.

Well I was thinking the other day....why could it not be included in post production?

My thoughts were, we have batches of images stored on powerful pc's. What if we had a pixel remap button that would allow analysis of several -> many images looking for common 'spots' within diverse images. Could you then assume that these 'specks' were anomolies and remap them to adjacent colours to produce an image with no discernable problems.

The use of several images would allow you to assume that the 'specks' were not detail in an image because they appear in several pictures in the same place.

Mike, what is Kodaks line in acceptable duff pixels within images, I note Kodaks generosity with problems with the P880...? Would a pixel remapping function within the easyshare software work? Would it not cut down on the numbers of returned cameras, and also save precious programming in space in the camera roms?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow