ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arjun Roychowdhury
Senior MemberPosts: 1,939Gear list
Like?
Visually Effective Portraiture - Time to improve: Chuck Gardner
Nov 13, 2005

Hi Folks,

you may recall that in the latest issue of PBase Magazine #3 ( http://www.pbase.com/magazine ) we featured Chuck Gardner where he authored an article on 'Visually Effective Portraiture' (or why is it that some portraits are visually appealing while some others are not)

In discussion with Chuck, we thought that it may be a good idea to start a thread in the Lighting Forum and invite all of you to post your portrait photos and discuss how you set up the portrait and why you think the portrait is effective.

In return, Chuck has agreed to respond to each photo in this thread and comment on what he thinks is 'visually effective' in the photo.

Instead of picking winners, Chuck would pick the 'most improved' images in this thread and, with the poster's permission, the first 3 'most improved images' will be featured in the next PBase Magazine #4
(in other words, posters can post multiple times, each time with improvements)

I think this is a great way for everyone to learn from each other and have Chuck comment on each image as opposed to just the top 3.

I would invite everyone to read the article titled 'Visually Effective Portraiture' in Issue 3 of the magazine (www.pbase.com/magazine)
before posting images.

Now post away, and lets have some fun with learning

regds
arjun

-- hide signature --

http://www.arjunphotography.com

I type faster than I think - and no, I am not a fast typist, just a slow thinker. So please excuse grammatical errors and typos.

Arjun Roychowdhury's gear list:Arjun Roychowdhury's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon EOS 20D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow