Started Nov 5, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Crowe
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,318
Like?
Third Party Right Angle Finder - China Seagull
Nov 5, 2005

Seagull of China has produced a rip-off right angle finder for the Canon EOS Digital and other cameras. The price is very appealing - but, has anyone used one? If it works well, it is a good buy. However if it doesn't work (i.e.: allow you to accurately focus the camera) it is worst than useless!

I have searched these forums and except for some snide postings about the low grade of English syntax on the Seagull directions, there has been no useful input.

I am just starting (again) in macro photography and could use a right angle finder for either my 10D or 350D or both. If the Seagull is unacceptable, I will need to wait for a bit to get this type of finder.

I definitely DO NOT WANT a LCD viewfinder as I hae found these to be very difficult to 1. focus with and 2. to effectively use in the bright sun.

Can anyone give me some feedback regarding the Seagull finder?
--

Retired Navy Master Chief Photographer's Mate - 30 years service. Combat Cameraman, Motion Picture Director and Naval Aircrewman. I have done considerable comercial photography including weddings. I have paraphrased equipment names so forum searches will not hit on my equipment. Bodies: Canon Three-Fifty-D and CanonTen-D DSLR. Zoom-Lenses: Canon 17-40 Millimeter f/4L; 28 to 135 millimeter IS; 70 to 200 millimeter f/4L Prime Lenses: Sigma twenty-eight mm f/1.8; fifty mm f/1.8 MK-I; Tamron 90 Millimeter f/2.8 Macro; and Tokina 400 Millimeter f/5.6 ATX SD. Also Canon 1.4 x teleconverter and 420 ex flash.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow