Started Nov 5, 2005 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Crowe
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,318
Third Party Right Angle Finder - China Seagull
Nov 5, 2005

Seagull of China has produced a rip-off right angle finder for the Canon EOS Digital and other cameras. The price is very appealing - but, has anyone used one? If it works well, it is a good buy. However if it doesn't work (i.e.: allow you to accurately focus the camera) it is worst than useless!

I have searched these forums and except for some snide postings about the low grade of English syntax on the Seagull directions, there has been no useful input.

I am just starting (again) in macro photography and could use a right angle finder for either my 10D or 350D or both. If the Seagull is unacceptable, I will need to wait for a bit to get this type of finder.

I definitely DO NOT WANT a LCD viewfinder as I hae found these to be very difficult to 1. focus with and 2. to effectively use in the bright sun.

Can anyone give me some feedback regarding the Seagull finder?

Retired Navy Master Chief Photographer's Mate - 30 years service. Combat Cameraman, Motion Picture Director and Naval Aircrewman. I have done considerable comercial photography including weddings. I have paraphrased equipment names so forum searches will not hit on my equipment. Bodies: Canon Three-Fifty-D and CanonTen-D DSLR. Zoom-Lenses: Canon 17-40 Millimeter f/4L; 28 to 135 millimeter IS; 70 to 200 millimeter f/4L Prime Lenses: Sigma twenty-eight mm f/1.8; fifty mm f/1.8 MK-I; Tamron 90 Millimeter f/2.8 Macro; and Tokina 400 Millimeter f/5.6 ATX SD. Also Canon 1.4 x teleconverter and 420 ex flash.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow