Canon 360. What I wish for...

Started Oct 31, 2005 | Discussions thread
gasdive
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Re: Canon 360. What I wish for...
In reply to Ove Sentlig, Nov 5, 2005

I've got a wish list as well...

8MP is enough. Leave it at that. OK, maybe 12...

Water tight!!!! To 50 m would be nice. (that means dust tight as well)One of the great things about a digital is that you should never need to open it to change film, so it should be as easy to seal up as a digital watch which is always watertight to 50m these days, even the cheap ones.

To go with the water tight, water tight lenses. Also a cradle that will recharge the camera without having to open it up and wifi connections so that you can download the photos at 54mb/s, also without opening it up. The wifi need only go a few inches, enough to get from inside the camera to the cradle, so it wouldn't draw much power. Given the size of CF cards now, and the fact that it will have the space of several, there should be no need to shoot "tethered" even by a wifi connection.

Multiple CF slots with selectable RAID 0 or 5. Idealy 4-8 slots with RAID 5. That would mean that you could take thousands of images (enough for a 2 week trip say) and they'd all be reasonably safe. The raid should also have a faster write speed so the buffer would clear 3-7 times faster. The 350 is of course a big improvement over the 300 in this area already.

A bit bigger, the 350 is uncomfortable compared with the 300 for my hands anyway.

Bigger battery and lower power consumption.

Run the cradle off USB as well, and have it recharge the camera.

Split prisim focussing screen would be nice too.

I guess that makes a camera that you can take anywhere for a long time and then bring the images home safe.

Cheers Jason =:)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lolNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow