Japanese schools with the 85/1.2L (pics)

Started Nov 5, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chez Wimpy
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,747Gear list
Like?
Japanese schools with the 85/1.2L (pics)
Nov 5, 2005

I bought both the 135/2 and the 85/1.2 (this one is actually cheaper here in Japan!) mainly because I love shooting portraits indoors, and often times even the 85/1.8 isn't long enough (and sometimes I want even tighter control over DOF). They arrived on Monday, so I took both to school this week. Looking at the results last night, I was completely floored by the 85/1.2. Having shot with the 85/1.8 for a year already, I was still not prepared for the experience. The CA tolerence seems tighter, and it is sharper at similar stops. Since this was primarily a test, I spent most of my time shooting it open. I was shooting with a 20D. (EXIF data embedded)

Those are just a few of the hundred or so I took. At least 90% were keepers... that lens is really a bit of magic! If you have the means and you want the best, there is no substitute.

-- hide signature --

-CW

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow