Started Nov 4, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fgreenhut
Forum ProPosts: 18,117
Like?
This Used To Be Such A Friendly Forum
Nov 4, 2005

I am hurt. I have been deeply wounded. I have never been anything but nice and made kind remarks to Jen. I've even written poems and songs for her and today in her "Feeding in the Rain" post she . . . . . i can hardly bring myself to say it. I am blinded by the tears in my eyes. She . . . . cursed at me. Yes, she called me a VEGEMITE."

At first I thought it was a compliment and I went around the house singing "I am a vegemite, I am a vegemite. Oh what a great delight, I am a vegemite." I was thrilled. Then I decided to look up the word for further happiness. This is what I found: "Vegemite is one of several yeast extract spreads sold in Australia. It is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract (a by-product of beer manufacture) and various vegetable and spice additives. It is very dark reddish-brown, almost black, in color, and one of the richest sources known of Vitamin B. It's thick like peanut butter, it's very salty, and it tastes like - well let's just say that it is an acquired taste! "

I'm a yeast extract? Made from leftovers? I'm an acquired taste? I have never been so insulted in all my years. Jen, you may be the best bird photographer on the face of the earth, but you have wounded me to the quick . . . even to the slow.

I don't know if I will ever recover.
--
A Badly Wounded Fred

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow