Started Oct 6, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tao.design
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,632
Like?
Don't tell Nikon ----- [18]
Oct 6, 2005

Don't tell Nikon that none of these images were shot with a Nikkor. And to add insult to injury, the lens wasn't even autofocus. However, the D70 didn't seem to mind a little forbidden love with an old third-party lens.

[1] twins

[2] slip

[3] cup

[4] convergence

[5] cobra

[6] sliver

[7] splash

[8] with tongue

[9] blue velvet

[10] sinew

[11] this fire

[12] bud

[13] from a great height

[14] smoke

[15] three leaves

[16] hide and seek

[17] lightness

[18] waterfall

All images shot with the D70 in manual mode using the normal curve, shot handheld, and manually focused. Exposures were generally made at ISO 200 at around 1/160 second.

The lens used was the manual focus Tokina 90mm f/2.5 AT-X macro, a lens that's enjoyed somewhat of a cult renaissance recently. A superlative optic.

Aside from having to work without metering, the D70 didn't complain one bit about having a 20-year old design stuck to its mount.

I haven't posted much at all recently, so I thought I'd share these images from the spring. All of these images are from a selection of work shot in May, with the exception of the last one, which was shot in late April. Sorry for posting so many images -- the summer months are still to come.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

Thanks for looking,
Todd

PS: If you want to know more about the lens, let me know and I'll be happy to fill you in. They aren't readily available, but come up for sale every so often. In fact, there's one up for auction right now!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
tadNew
NiceNew
ToddNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow