Started Sep 29, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brooksdebter
Contributing MemberPosts: 724
Like?
Tea Garden IR (2 pics)
Sep 29, 2005

I find myself attracted to IR for some reason. Here are a couple of recent pictures that I like. I know this is not for everybody, but I think the digital IR capabilities have opened up tremendous opportunities that did not exist before (at least from my perspective and capabilities). Of course having a program like Photoshop has also helped.

WB was preset with a grey card and a cokin P007 filter in place. After opening them in Nikon Capture I did an auto contrast and then opened them in photoshop 16 bit tiff. I then did the red/blue channel swap in an adjustment layer. Created another adjustment layer for color balance and played with each color saturation until I got what I wanted. Then I opened another adjustment layer for hue/saturation and desaturated each color to my liking.
Camera D2H
lens 24-120 VR

tripod - mirror lock - exposure 2.5 seconds for 2nd picture and 1.6 seconds for 1st
f 6.3 for both

Thank you for your time and thank all of you for your contributions on this forum so that I could get this far. It has been great fun.

Jerry

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow