Started Sep 28, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoTraveler
Forum ProPosts: 11,700
Like?
DNG3.2 Still really upset
Sep 28, 2005

Well, I installed the new DNG3.2 with the hope that maybe, just maybe it would solve the DNG not working in OSX problem.

Well, no change. OSX apps still are baffled by it and don't open files created with it.

The only DNG file I have ever got to open in Preview were some files someone online found me, they were I believe from a Leica DMR, and they opened in Preview but were small and looked awful, but opened in PSE just fine.

So I guess I have to keep waiting for apple to fix OSX. For something that was a highlight feature of Tiger, you would think they would have fixed any issues with it in 10.4.1 or 10.4.2, guess will just have to hope 10.4.3 gets out soon and fixes it, but i'm loosing hope.

Has only actually got DNG files to open properly in Preview or any apple Apps?

Sorta curious if maybe it's something with the convertor that produces botched DNGs when converting MRW files. But then I know others have had the same issues, but maybe it does work, just not for some camera.

Also if someone has a 7D, and has converted files to DNG using the Adobe DNG convertor, could you post a file to see if I can open it, or maybe someone with different cameras.

Its just sad that 3rd parties seam to get it to work, but apple can't.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow