ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maximuza
Contributing MemberPosts: 631
Like?
Lighting Advice Please...
Sep 26, 2005

Hello all of your Pros,

I am looking for suggestions, preferrably with links, on a complete portable lighting kit, or separate items that can make up a kit -- strobe(s), large softbox(es), stand(s), etc. My main subjects are people along the lines of portrait/fashion style. Allow me to mention that I am a design student and my budget is very little. So far I've been improvising/inventing with what I do have, which is natural light, scrap pieces of construction board pinned to walls for backgrounds, an external flash, and a large 60" umbrella/softliter for bounce that is usually set on my camera tripod. I find that I have trouble controlling the light the way I want. I love very soft shadows and dramatic, clean fashion-esque lighting.

Below are a few examples of my photos that I've taken with different combinations of the above -- the quality, as sorely obvious, is nowhere near what I want. Some have been posted in the past. I look forward to and am grateful for your advice and links.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow