Started Sep 26, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Sack
Regular MemberPosts: 358
Like?
Fuji RAW processing question
Sep 26, 2005

I am new to the fuji line (I shoot with a Canon 20d) and am interested in the upcoming e900 camera, which is a fuji compact digicam.

It supposedly shoots RAW, and it likely will be one of the few pocketable digicams that does. That's why I'm interested.

But what RAW processors (other than Fuji's own) typically process Fuji raw files? I have seen that Photoshop CS2 handles some fuji cameras (the list looks like the SLR list of fuji cameras), but not many.

I'm very familiar with Canon RAW, and shoot it all the time. I use Capture One mostly, and Photoshop CS2 sometimes. I also use Photoessentials from Pixmatec when I want to see if something different from the other two might work.

Will I be happy with Fuji RAW? Is there basically one RAW format for Fuji and the RAW processors will likely support a new camera like the e900 very fast (Canon has at least two RAW formats, maybe three)?

If I'm likely to make bad assumptions about Fuji based on my Canon dslr experience, somebody please let me know!

Thanks very much for helping the Fuji newbie.

John

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow