Started Sep 23, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay Reeves
Contributing MemberPosts: 617
Like?
F10 or C7000 for mostly indoor use?
Sep 23, 2005

Normally I hang out on the Oly forum and have posted the following there, however, thought some of you folks might have input for me as well...

I am hoping to get some feedback on a camera comparison between the Oly C7000 and the Fuji F10. The F10 got on my radar screen because of Ben H's enthusiasm about it. The camera is for my spouse. she owns a quilt shop and would like a pocket camera to take to shows to take photos of quilts and use in her shop to take pictures of salesperson samples to remember what she ordered and take a variety of photos in the shop. So most of the pictures will be indoors and generally casual in nature. Basic p&s camera is all that is needed but would like to avoid focus problems (C7000 slow to focus?) or other issues that are a consideration in low light (or at least not full daylight). Of course good color rendition would be important.

I realize that these two cameras fall into different categories and price levels, but somehow we narrowed it down to these. it seems that the oly would produce the best images - how would the F10 color rendetion compare to the 7000? I keep leaning toward the F10 because of the high ISO potential. Might it be good enough to get useable indoor shots ( with good lighting) without using a flash? Or am I dreaming?

I am posting this on the OTF and the Fuji forum - hope that works.

Thanks in advance for any input. I find the information provided here to be very helpful.

Jay

-- hide signature --

C8080 & Promaster 5750DX

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow